Possibility of working on different projects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris9999
Participant

Possibility of working on different projects

Post by kris9999 »

Hi All,
Is it possible to work on different projects i.e.,Let's say In X project a sequence is being running on, shall we open designer to connect to another project say Y & work on another job with the same access credentials

Thanks in Advance,
Thanks & Regards,
Kris
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kris, each client instance of the 3 main tools (designer,director and manager) can be open to a different project (on the same or another host) at the same time.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Adminstrator Clinet too :D
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kumar - I skipped the administrator client because it is not bound to a single project, but only to a single instance of DataStage server.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

ArndW wrote:Kumar - I skipped the administrator client because it is not bound to a single project, but only to a single instance of DataStage server.
I Agree.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Designer can only be connected to one project at a time. However you can have multiple Designers open on one client machine, and these can be connected to different projects.

Director can only connect to one project, but can switch to another project. You can have multiple Directors open.

Manager can only connect to one project at a time. Host view allows it to "see" all the projects on the server, and like Director it can switch between projects, but it can still only be connected to one at a time. You can have multiple Managers open.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.