environment variable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suresh_dsx
Participant

environment variable

Post by suresh_dsx »

i have an environment variable-> password is in encrypted format .
i want to use in my local job...
i am trying to use as a local variable from Envoronement variable under the job parameters wiht in the job ...it is not allowing me to use it.
any one give suggestions on it..
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

How does it not allow you to use it? What does it say. Does it give any error message?

Usually, you can declare your job parameters as environment variables. If you go to Job properties window and go to parameters tab, you can find environment variable tab at the bottom to the right of the window through which you can add environment variables to your job. However, you need to declare the default values as $PROJDEF or $ENV depending on your requirement. Even, the default value of the password needs to be $PROJDEF.

There are many posts on environment variables and also a nice post in the FAQ section by Vincent. That should get you going.

IHTH
Kris
rishabh
Participant

Post by rishabh »

hey suresh...importing environment variable definition should be done in a similar as mentioned by kris.

However when you actually use that as a job parameter make sure to use it properly.That is it should be #$name of the variable#.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It may depend on the exact DS version you have as earlier ones didn't quite work. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers