Hash File Date Format

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kwwilliams
Participant

Hash File Date Format

Post by kwwilliams »

I am using a server job to create a hash file used as a lookup in many other server jobs. One of the lookup fields is date which has to be in the format DD-MON-YYYY. The problem is that after I write the data in that format the hash file changes the format to DD-MON-YY.

I have turned off all NLS settings in the job.

I have written the same data to a sequential file, and have no issues with the format there, this is the most confusing part. If I write to a hsh file and sequential file at the same time the sequential file is in the YYYY format and the hash file is in the YY format.

I have changed the data type to VARCHAR and it is still changing the format.

Thanks for any information that you can provide,
satish_valavala
Participant

Post by satish_valavala »

Hi Williams,
The incoming date is in Julian format and length is 11.
Is the data type and length is same in both the Input/output tabs of Hashed file?

VS
Regards
VS
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

It is.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When the hashed file was created for whatever reason the default date format was set to a two-digit year. You can either re-create the hashed file or adapt its file dictionary. Change the conversion field from D2... to D4... for example.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.