warning!! in OCI stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

warning!! in OCI stage

Post by kollurianu »

Hi All,

Iam getting following warning

IDEXECLOADTBLE..fmtrec: The value of the row is: IDEXEC_ID = 221620 CONTACT_FULL_NM = MR. ROB ROUTSON CONTACT_TITLE = VICE PRESIDENT-RISK MANAGEMENT COMPANY_NM = DIGITAL FEDERAL CREDIT UNION LOC_ADDRESS_LINE1 = 220 DONALD LYNCH BOULEVARD LOC_ADDRESS_LINE2 = MARLBOROUGH, MA 01752 LOC_ADDRESS_LINE3 = NULL LOC_COUNTRY_CD = 920 LOC_STATE = MA LOC_STATE_CD = MA LOC_POSTAL_CODE = 01752 LOC_ZIP_CD = 01752 LOC_ZIP_EXT_CD = NULL MAIL_ADDRESS_LINE1 = P O BOX 9130 MAIL_ADDRESS_LINE2 = MARLBOROUGH, MA 01752-9130 MAIL_ADDRESS_LINE3 =

DBMS.CODE=ORA-01438

I donot understand which field is crossing the length limit, how to identify
the field and IDEXEC_ID is a sequence number and defined as numeric
in the table and when imported it is as decimal type in datastage , is that
causing this warning...

Any ideas , any inputs greatly appreaciated.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

This is what i found by doing a google on the dbms code

ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allows for this column
Cause: When inserting or updating records, a numeric value was entered that exceeded the precision defined for the column.
Action: Enter a value that complies with the numeric column's precision, or use the MODIFY option with the ALTER TABLE command to expand the precision.

I think that might be the reason. The decimal defined column.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

yes i checked that , but i was not sure as , i just imported the table definition to datastage , so i did not understand why it was causing the error.
Iam running in production , so i wanted to make sure.
now i made the change to integer and iam running...
hope it works..

Thanks all
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Use a sequential file with this same table definition, define it is as a .CSV and add a constraint to write this record to it. Then look at the data in each numeric field to see which one is larger than the field.

John
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

well thanks for your suggestion , i tried the same way to know what records are exceeding the value..

Thank you,