Datastage Repository Interface

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tostay2003
Participant

Datastage Repository Interface

Post by tostay2003 »

Hi all,

I keep getting this message when i open a job

---------------------------------------------
DataStage Repository Interface (Title)

Cannot open excutable job file RT_CONFIG114
------------------------------------------------------

Nothing happens, cant delete the file or anything. What could be the problem??

Regards
tostay2003
Participant

Post by tostay2003 »

is my question blurry?

I just tried to importing files in other project and most of the jobs werent imported properly. Displaying the error message that the files cant be created and about RF_CONFIG.

is it because of server space??

Regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you have permissions on the RT_CONFIG114 file on the server? Or in the project directory? This looks like it is the most likely problem cause. We can't tell you if you have enough space in the project directory to create new or extend old files, you will need to check that yourself.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Try exporting and re-importing the job, this should help.
I had this issue and got resolved this way only. For some reason the RT_log gets corrupted and gives such errors when opening a job.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When any Repository table gets corrupted one of the first likely causes to check is space on the project directory's file system. Even if the disk full condition was transient, you still have a corrupted file, which may or may not be repairable. Search the forum for fixtool. Otherwise clearing the RT_CONFIGnnn hashed file and recompiling the job afterwards may restore the situation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.