dsenv file equivalent

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

maheshsada
Participant

dsenv file equivalent

Post by maheshsada »

Can you please tell what is the equivalent file of dsenv in windows OS. we are using 5.2 in windows OS, when we opened the oracle stage, its giving
ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of oraoci8.dll - The specified module could not be found
Can you please suggest where we need to put the oracle dll in windows OS, as such there we are not able to locate any dsenv file in windows

Magesh S
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

It's called the Registry. If you're trying to use the Oracle 8i plugin, then you need the Oracle 8i client software installed on the DS Server. Contact your Oracle DBA and Windoze Admin. If you're supposed to be using the 9i Client, then use the Oracle 9i plugin to talk to Oracle database versions 8, 9 and 10.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
maheshsada
Participant

Post by maheshsada »

Hi

Some one has deleted the path environment variable from windows, which can be seen in System Properties of my computer. we recreated with the path of oracle and datastageand it started working

Magesh S
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

'Some one' needs to be punished. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers