ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of dsstp.so

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soham296
Participant

Post by soham296 »

Hello ppl,

I am getting the following error when I try to run any job with stored proc stage. Did anyone ever come across such an error. Any clues why it might be happening ?

The development was done in datastage 7.5.1.A and subsequently moved to datastage 7.5

Any clues will be helpful.

Thanks
Soham
soham296
Participant

Post by soham296 »

Also, Can you please tell me what are these ".so" files ? Should they be present in both windows and unix installation. I am moving from unix to windows installation. Can that be an issue ?? If so, what should be the right approach to get rid of the error

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Precisely HOW are you "moving from UNIX to Windows"? Did you re-compile jobs and routines after the migration? It may be that the executables contain references to the UNIX shared libraries (the files with a ".so" or ".sl" suffix to their names).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
soham296
Participant

Post by soham296 »

I exported the jobs that i created in unix and imported them in windoze.
Wondering where in the job there might be a hard reference to unix library files. Yes, i compiled the jobs before running them in windows. When i exported them a dsx file was created which i guess is a source file rather than an executable.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There were some significant changes in that stage between 7.5 and 7.5.1A from what I recall. Perhaps you should take one of the offending jobs, remove the stage from it and rebuild it with the 7.5 version of the stage. Perhaps that will help. :?

Always a little dangerous to go 'backwards' in versions.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers