Job Lock

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meena
Participant

Job Lock

Post by meena »

Hi All,
I know how to unlock a job. This is done by clean up resources option in the DS Director and kill the process. My question here is how to know exactly who is using the job ( for example if I have a team of 5, then I want to know exactly who is working on it in these 5).

Thank you,
Meena
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Its a bad practise to kill jobs just straight off.
In order to see the users of the jobs. You need to have the access to the Datastage administrator. Read the Admin manual.
You may use the command in the TCL of the admin. The command is
LIST.READU. Do a search on the forum for more details.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
koolnitz
Participant

Post by koolnitz »

Here are the steps..

1. Login as dsadm
2. cd into DataStage home directory. You can enter "cat /.dshome" to find the DataStage home directory
3. Enter ". ./dsenv" (i.e. .space./dsenv) to source the dsenv file
4. Enter "bin/uvsh". It will bring you into UV Administration menu. Hit ESC key to get out of the menu and it bring you to ">" TCL prompt.
5. At TCL prompt, you can enter "LOGTO projectname" to log into the project account. The project name is case sensitive
6. Enter "LIST.READU EVERY" at TCL

Step 6 will display you all the jobs being locked alongwith the username who has locked it.

Cheers!
Nitin Jain | India

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Assuming each developer logs in with a separate user ID, LIST.READU alone will identifier the owner of the lock. This may also be executed at the operating system prompt, so you can filter the output using grep. For example

Code: Select all

DSHOME=`cat /.dshome`
export DSHOME
. $DSHOME/dsenv
$DSHOME/bin/list_readu | grep jobname
Otherwise you need to identify the process ID, and query the DS_LICENSE table to determine the identity of the client machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
meg_kamath
Participant

Post by meg_kamath »

Hi,

When u go to the option clean up resource... when u click on show all PIDs in Locks Tab, u can see the PID for the job that has been locked.
Check the username for the correspondibg locked PID in Process Tab.
You can find username who has locked the job.

Thnx,
Meghana