DS_JOBOBJECTS & This item has no design time information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

developer_DS
Participant

DS_JOBOBJECTS & This item has no design time information

Post by developer_DS »

Please help!!!

Here is the scenario. We have 2 projects A & B residing in the same unix server. We happened to delete project A directly in Unix instead of removing it through DS administator. Now the issue is we are not able to open any jobs in project B as it throws up the error "Can not open the file DS_JOBOBJECTS"

Also, to add we had an export of project B before A was deleted. We imported this into a new project, when we try to open the job it throws an error "This item has no design time information"

We also tried running DS.TOOLS to rebuild the indexes and check integrity but of no use.
ogmios
Participant

Re: DS_JOBOBJECTS & This item has no design time informa

Post by ogmios »

For the problem of your deleted project... There's a procedure for it, but I can't find it right now. Probably someone else still has a pointer to it. Ascential/IBM have it for sure (that's where I got it from originally).

For your missing design time information... you may have exported less than you wanted to. Which may make your problem even worse.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You MUST solve "cannot open DS_JOBOBJECTS" before an import can succeed. There is a current thread open on that problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
developer_DS
Participant

Post by developer_DS »

[quote="ray.wurlod"]You MUST solve "cannot open DS_JOBOBJECTS" before an import can succeed. There is a [url=viewtopic.php?t=99904]current thread[/url] open on that problem. ...[/quote]

Can u pls tell me what is there in thread.
I am not able to open the thread with my ID.
We have done 70% of the development and we are in a critical situation
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have removed the premium content restriction since you won't be able to sign up over Easter. Please do so as early as possible - it's less than $1 per week, helps to sustain this site, and gives you access to all premium content. The restriction will be re-established after Easter.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
developer_DS
Participant

Post by developer_DS »

[quote="ogmios"]For the problem of your deleted project... There's a procedure for it, but I can't find it right now. Probably someone else still has a pointer to it. Ascential/IBM have it for sure (that's where I got it from originally).

For your missing design time information... you may have exported less than you wanted to. Which may make your problem even worse.

Ogmios[/quote]

Can you please share the IBM/Ascential customer connection number to contact them

Or Do u remember what exactly u have done when u faced the same issue?
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

I don't think Ascential/IBM would like customers to share their serial numbers ;-)

Now for the problem of deleting a project directory without going via Administrator... the following should work but completely at your own risk:

- Take a backup of all DataStage files... Installation directory, ds project, your own projects... so that you can get back your current situation.
- Create a new empty DataStage project under a new name
- Shutdown DataStage
- Copy the new empty DataStage project to the place where the project you delete was.
- Start DataStage
- Remove the troubled project via Administrator (and also include the new empty project in step 2).

Absolutely no guarantees... but I don't think it will leave you in a worse state than you are now.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The contact number is the telephone number of your support provider, at least in the first instance. If they escalate it, then your contact details may be provided to a support group in IBM/Ascential who in turn will make contact with you. But do read the other thread on corrupted DS_JOBOBJECTS.