upgrade DS server 7.5 to DS server 7.5.1.a

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kjaouhari
Participant

upgrade DS server 7.5 to DS server 7.5.1.a

Post by kjaouhari »

Hello All,

Sorry for my english

I have an issue with oracle stage in ds server 7.5 and it was ok with ds server 7.1.

Can somenone help me, i want to upgrade ds 7.5 to ds 7.5.1.a. Someone can explain me what i need and what's the process for install.

Thanks
ogmios
Participant

Re: upgrade DS server 7.5 to DS server 7.5.1.a

Post by ogmios »

The Oracle stage is known to work... not work... work... not work ... on and off since version 4.

Best is also to log a case with Ascential/IBM... sometimes they have workarounds/patches available.

For the upgrade if you really want to go ahead:
- DataStage always has an installation guide.
- Going from v7.5 to v7.5.1.a should be very easy.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Make an export for all your projects, try upgrade in place, if that doesn't work, de-install and then install and re-import.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
kjaouhari
Participant

Post by kjaouhari »

can someone provide me this patch ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's no patch needed. As noted, make good backups and then simply install 7.5.1a right over the top of 7.5. Easy as pie. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kjaouhari
Participant

Post by kjaouhari »

Ok thanks,

I understand that is not just a patch but a complete neuw installation.

thanks guys.
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

I suggested to first check with Ascential/IBM for a patch. For some things they have patches and doing an upgrade from 7.5 to 7.5.1.a seems a bit overkill.

Don't know whether a patch really exists. Most of my installations are currently 7.5.1.a and the Oracle stage seems to work correctly in there.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, there are quite a boat-load of fixes between 7.5 and 7.5.1a... the former was quite buggy, apparently. :?

I believe there is a patch for a particular issue with the OCI stage and the stoopid 'SQL Builder Tool' but you can check into stuff like that post-upgrade.

Good to see you back, Ogmios. You've been.... gone... for awhile it seems. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Other environments ... but from time to time we get back to good old DataStage :D