ODBC Fecth failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

grb_garre
Participant

ODBC Fecth failed

Post by grb_garre »

Hi,

I am getting an intermittent error like odbc fecth failed after processing some number of rows like 150,000

Desc :

Actually i am trying to pull the data from db2 table using the odbc stage ,some times it will goes fine and job is getting successful ,once in a while i am getting the follwing error

I suspected the data and checked it ,it was fine , can anybody have the same issue please share with me

Ds Envt :7.5.2 Server Edition on Windows
Db2 : 8.1 on windows

Error :

PopulateTradesTablesJob4_test..TR_TSDETL.Out_TSDETLRecs: DSD.BCIGetNext call to SQLFetch failed.

QLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=-802

[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 data conversion data mapping error

Thanks in advance
JS
sjhouse
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjhouse »

Look for control characcters or hidden characters. I had this happen and was told the column causing the error was empty. When looking at the column at the source in hex, we found that there were 10 nulls stored in the column and that was causing the error.
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

It can be even due to a deadlock.
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

If you look at the DB2 error codes it's an arithmetic overflow.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.