Extactiing data from SAP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Extactiing data from SAP

Post by sainath »

HI
i want to extract data from SAP.i am using ABAP plugins.
i want to know is it possible to extract by joining 7 tables usning inner joins.please let me know
THKS
aditya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aditya »

No. This functionality has to be definetly be implemented by the ABAP Programmers who will have to then give you the process chains and infospokes for you to extract the data

-- Aditya.
sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sainath »

hi
I did not get you .
I am having 7 SAP tables and i am using
ABAP_Extract_PACK_for_SAP_R_3 stage to extract data from these tables using joins.i will be using SQL joins to extract data from these tables .I want to know can is it possible.i see that this stage is like oracle
oci stage.
please share your veiws.
thks
aditya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aditya »

Are those tables part of SAP BW
sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

hi

Post by sainath »

Hi
This are not part of SAP BW.I want to know how it effects.
thks
sai
aditya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aditya »

Sainath,

I had worked on the BW Pack. And the system over there was that the ABAP prorgrammers built process chains and infospokes ( a hub and spoke architecture ) and data flowed thru these spokes. The data was being made available by them thru processes known to them ( ie. they could have done some queying on the tables) Ask the ABAP Developers whether they could peform a join on those tables and make the data availble to you.

-- Aditya.