Tab Delimited file Delimited Value in the stage properties ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rxs0005
Participant

Tab Delimited file Delimited Value in the stage properties ?

Post by rxs0005 »

I have a TAB delimited txt file that I saved using TOAD it has more than 65000rows so i cannot save it using .CSV extension how do i load this file using the flat file stage

Basically what will be the valus of the DELIMITER Box in the output / Format tab on the flat file stage properties.

for EG .CSV its , for TAB what do we fill that with .

thanks

rxs0005
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

the ascii value for a tab is 009. Basically thats what goes in the delimiter box.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Tab Delimited file Delimited Value in the stage properti

Post by chulett »

rxs0005 wrote:I have a TAB delimited txt file that I saved using TOAD it has more than 65000rows so i cannot save it using .CSV extension
Sure you can, there's no limit on the number of rows that can be in a csv file. Just don't try to load it into Excel... :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Probably better to name it as a TSV file! Or a txt file. Calling it CSV is a bit misleading since it isn't comma seperated.

Import the file definition through the DataStage Manager and you will see tab delimited as one of the seperator options. This will also bring in the field names. Drag and drop the table definition onto your sequential file output link, this will drop both the column names and the file formatting into your sequential file stage! It will set it to tab delimited for you.

See my Developer Shortcut Tips for more info on this and other shortcuts.