Saved DataStage Jobs path

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amit_haldar
Participant

Saved DataStage Jobs path

Post by amit_haldar »

Hi,
I am a new user of Datastage. I have a queery. When we are saving the datda stage jobs or sequence, it gets saved in form of some file in the server . I want to know where is this stored. actually I want to run a sequence through a shell script. So I want to know the path where the jobs is stored so that I can run the file from shell script
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Jobs are not stored in editable UNIX or Windows file objects, they are stored as records in hashed files (tables) in the DS repository, which uses a derivation of the UniVerse postrelational database.

You can do a project export into XML format to get all your DataStage information into an editable text file; but risk breaking jobs by making modifications to that file.
amit_haldar
Participant

Post by amit_haldar »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. So can you please tell me a way to run a job sequence using shell scripts. we have Datastage server edition installed over here.

Thanks in advance

quote="ArndW"]Jobs are not stored in editable UNIX or Windows file objects, they are stored as records in hashed files (tables) in the DS repository, which uses a derivation of the UniVerse postrelational database.

You can do a project export into XML format to get all your DataStage information into an editable text file; but risk breaking jobs by making modifications to that file.[/quote]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The command line interface dsjob can be used to execute a job sequence. This command is fully documented in the Server Job Developer's Guide (which you have in your Docs folder on the machine where DataStage client software is installed).

Search the forum for some good examples of how to use dsjob from a shell script.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.