Sequence - Please advice

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Zabeerulla
Participant

Sequence - Please advice

Post by Zabeerulla »

Hi,

We are using DataStage 7.1. Consider the scenario.
1. I have a sequence with three jobs in which the second job runs after the first job returns job status = 1 or 2.
2. If the second job gets aborted then the sequence is getting completed and showing status as Finished.
I want the Sequence should show status Finished only when all the jobs are completed. If any one of the jobs fails the sequence should get aborted.
Thanks & Regards,

Zabi
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Hi

Have a custom conditional trigger on the three jobs to check the status of each job and send all three links to Routine Activity where you can call AbortJob Routine to abort you sequence
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Dont you have the option 'Automatically Handle Activity that fails' in Job property?
If so check it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Zabeerulla
Participant

Post by Zabeerulla »

Thanks!

Kumar, I checked the option "Automatically handle activities that fail" in the properties. Its working fine. Thanks
Thanks & Regards,

Zabi
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Zabeerulla wrote:Thanks!

Kumar, I checked the option "Automatically handle activities that fail" in the properties. Its working fine. Thanks
In case you are still stuck with version 7.0 or below and you don't have this feature, you can use the sequence design that I have described in the following post-
viewtopic.php?t=99484

gateleys