Transform Output Question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mkeevil
Participant

Transform Output Question

Post by mkeevil »

This might seem like a simple question but I have a Transform with 3 outputs... 2 sequential files and 1 database file. I want to have the database file execute after all the data has been moved into the sequential files, is there a contraint I can use that only activates the database link after the very last record has been processed?

-Keevil
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

No. You'll need to send your database output to another passive stage first and then on to the database. Or, set your commit (if rollback space allows) to 0 and make the database the last link in the execution order. If the files finish first, then the database link will close issuing the commit.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

BTW what is the need for the database to get loaded after loading sequential file?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If one of your two output sequential files has the same columns and contents as your database then you can use that output file as an input stream to your database stage. This would effect a sequential load.
mkeevil
Participant

Post by mkeevil »

After the two sequential files process I want to update a tracking file in oracle and create a header and trailer record... I though it would be cleaner if I could add wait function to the transform, instead of having the next steps be an output from the sequential files.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I guess your trailer record consits of informations like the number of rows processed.
Better post process your job. User LinkInfo or UserStatus to pass the value the next job.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'