XML output

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML output

Post by sainath »

HI
My client want XML out put and source is oracle OCI stage.what are the things we have to consider .i just read the help docs.how to read 0/P xml
file in tabular form.
please do share your veiws.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hopefully you have an example .xsd for the XML output you need to create. If not that, then a sample xml file you can generate one from using a tool like XML Spy.

From that you import the metadata into the Manager, this will give you the XPath expressions you will need. Without that you'll need to type them all in by hand - you'll find it enormously easier to let the Importer generate them for you, especially if you are new to this game.

Not sure what docs you've read, but suggest you go through the XMLPACK_20_Designer.pdf manual if you haven't yet.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sainath »

Hi chulett
Thanks for your reply.i download the sample job for XML o/p from assential website elibrary .but it is not working.I cannot import that job.can you send me the manual for XML package_20_designe.pdf.
THKS
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It will be in the 'Docs' directory under where you installed your client along with all the other pdf documents that ship with the product.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers