Job Audit Logs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Audit Logs

Post by reddy »

Hi Datastage gurus,

I have a question on designing of Job audit logs.

I have 8 jobs running in production but now i have a requirement like this :
I have to create a Oracle Audit_log table with columns source_tablename,source_count,target_tablename,target_count,run_date.

I created a Audit_log table like the above requirement.

All jobs using ODBC Table as a source and Oracle Table as a target.

Can you light on me how to design the jobs to load audit_log table after the original job ran ......

Thanks in advance.
Reddy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need a mechanism for determining these numbers. The DSGetLinkInfo() function can report the number of rows passed by DataStage, but - when there are errors - this may not be the same number as were processed successfully by Oracle. To differentiate Insert from Update your original job design will need to separate these rows.
Once you have these numbers (probably via a Routine that writes them into a temporary file) you can run a job that moves them from there into your Oracle "audit" table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Download EtlStats from my tips page. It will get you most the way there. You still need a table which will has the table names for each link name because EtlStats has row counts by job name and link name. You may have to build that manually. Otherwise hack the repository or pay Ray or Ken how to do it.
Mamu Kim