Using SetDSParamsFromFile Routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

IC
Participant

Using SetDSParamsFromFile Routine

Post by IC »

Hello,

We currently have several jobs where we use this "SetDSParamsFromFile" as a before job sub-routine to use external parameter file.
There are some concerns that couple of objects (or functions if you would say) in this routine, i.e. STAGECOM, and DSRTCOM are Unsupported by Ascential, and for the worst case, they may go away!!
In that case this routine will not work as it's current code, and our jobs will not work either.
I believe this same routine is (or at least was) used in many other DataStage installations/client sites to call a external parameter file.

Could anyone provide some insight about this concern?

Thanks so much for your time.
Regards,
Rana
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's always a danger of using unsupported structures. However, since a lot of the server job code depends on these, particularly operation of the server Transformer stage (and, indeed, the BASIC Transformer stage in parallel jobs), I think you're on fairly safe ground with these two. See also recent posts about server jobs not going away any time soon.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.