On Array Size!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

On Array Size!!

Post by gateleys »

I was going thru' some previous postings on analyzing your input data and posting trial values for Array Size and Rows per Transaction before achieving an optimal performance while using OCI9. I came across a posting by Ray-
ray.wurlod wrote:I just had a report from a customer as follows. Job design is

Code: Select all

OCI9 ----->  HashedFile
There are 34756 rows to move. Array size is set to 1000. The job loaded 34000 rows, and apparently discarded the incomplete array.
Further investigation is required.
So, why was the incomplete array discarded? Don't tell me that the array size should be a factor of Rows per Transaction!!!

Cheers,
gateleys
ogmios
Participant

Re: On Array Size!!

Post by ogmios »

I always put array size to 1. We've got bitten once that when a error occurred in a job using array size > 1 all rows in the same "array" got the same treatment and not only the row causing it (in our case all were rolled back).

This behaviour changed between Datastage versions, so we just started using 1 as transaction size and kept it to that.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.