ODBC stage import error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mimi
Participant

ODBC stage import error

Post by mimi »

Hello,
When i tried to import a ds project using an odbc stage (excel odbc definied on ds server) il have the following errors :
Line : Unknown property name Stage Type
Object=V0S0
Classe = CODBCStage

I have this error on 2=3 lines (lines 3637, 9804,15764).

When i open a job using an odbc stage, i have the following message (when i select View in ....) :
DSD.BCIConnect connecting to DB_TMP_FILE, call to SQLConnect failed.
SQLSTATE = IM002, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Many thanks for your help,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the import fails you can not expect View Data to work. Your first piece of detective work is to identify why there is a problem with ODBC stage in the project. The easiest way to do this is to create a job that uses an ODBC stage; does this work OK? If so, the stage type in the project is probably OK, so you can suspect the export file as the culprit. Try doing a selective import - only bring in one job, one that you know has an ODBC stage. If that's where the problem occurs, try exporting a job containing an ODBC stage and importing that. This will isolate where the problem is occurring. Post your results and we'll follow it up.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mimi
Participant

Post by mimi »

i recreate the odbc link in DSN system.
it's working.