Variable 'DSAttachJob' not defined

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

claudiarh
Participant

Post by claudiarh »

I am upgrading from 5.x to 7.5. I exported a sequence job and compiled it. Got the following error:

Any help will be really appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome! This usually happens when you don't include JOBCONTROL.H in your custom routine. However, you are talking about Sequence jobs and I don't recall 5.x having Sequence jobs. :?

You might want to give more details about exactly what you are doing...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

DSAttachJob() is one of the functions generated when a job sequence (which were introduced in version 5.2 btw) is compiled. Somehow, it seems, you have a problem in the code that was migrated. DSAttachJob should not be migrated as a variable. Is there a space between the function name and its left parenthesis? Version 5.2 may have allowed this, but "they" have tightened up syntax checking since then.

Did you verify that this particular job sequence compiles correctly on the version 5.x system? If so, try exporting just the job sequence and trying again.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
claudiarh
Participant

Post by claudiarh »

Thank you both for your prompt answer. I will check the code and try to export the job sequence again.

Thanks a lot!!!

Claudia