View log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meena
Participant

View log

Post by meena »

Hi All,
I want to view log for 20 th feb. Is it possible to go back and view the previous date logs.

with regards,
Meena
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Yes. It is if you are not auto-purging the log entries.

What is the auto-purge setting for your project? You can get this information from the 'Administrator'.

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
mauherga
Participant

Post by mauherga »

Hi meena,

It is posible if your DS configuracion for that job doesn't delete yet the log of the job. In DS Director go to the log of the job do you want, then right click and select "filter", then select "older" and "last" in limit section. This will show you all de logs for that job. You can filter most especificaly using this window.

I hope this can help you.
maurik
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

If the logs are cleared/purged according to the setting or intensionally, there is no way to get it back.
If you forsee such requirement to see previous days/jobs run logs you have to set the Auto purge options to a high number
I guess the maximum allowed is 99 days or 99 job runs through the DS GUI
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.