Listing of Jobs and Categories

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

patonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Listing of Jobs and Categories

Post by patonp »

I know that I can use dsjob.exe with the -ljobs command to retrieve a listing of jobs within a project, but is there any command line utility that I can use to list the categories in which jobs reside?

Thanks!

Peter
Cranie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Cranie »

via TELNET, you should be able to do this, or Admin (but you require command line) so here goes:

Code: Select all

logto project
SELECT NAME, CATEGORY FROM DS_JOBS
should get what you want.
- - - - -

Cranie

Doing the needful.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not directly. You can query the DS_JOBS table using DataStage SQL, which can be invoked from a shell script or BAT file. For example (assuming you have an environment variable called DSHOME set to the location of the DataStage installation directory):

CD $project_dir
%DSHOME%\bin\dssh "SELECT NAME FROM DS_JOBS WHERE NAME NOT LIKE '\%' AND CATEGORY = 'category_name';"

. $DSHOME/dsenv
here=`pwd`
cd $project_dir
$DSHOME/bin/dssh "SELECT NAME FROM DS_JOBS WHERE NAME NOT LIKE '\%' AND CATEGORY = 'category_name';"
cd $here
You can figure out how to pass poject_dir and category_name to the script and substitute a shell variable in the command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.