$PROJDEF

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

$PROJDEF

Post by shrey3a »

Gurus,

I'm working in DS 7.5 and for some reasons $PROJDEF do not work for encrypted password but if I make the password as string instead of encrypted it works.

Any suggestion , I read before that this is a bug but is there is any patch available for it.

Rgds,
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi,

At my last site, I was on 7.5.1 and $PROJDEF did work successfully for encrypted passwords.

I'm not sure whether there is a patch for it. What do the product support people say?

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

I'm using it right now. How are you populating the default value? When I am putting it into the job properties I am copying and pasting it in from other variables.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It should work but it can be difficult to get right and to migrate through environments. As KW suggests always go with the copy and paste of the password value from something like notepad rather then trying to type it in manually.
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

We had the same problem on 7.5. I don't recall how it was fixed exactly, but I think it was this:
We created the variables initially as STRING in Administrator and changed them to ENCRYPTED after having included them in a number of jobs (which stopped working). To fix it, we may have removed the variables as parameters of all jobs and then included them back in.

To find out what the Job thinks the value is, use a Transformer to map the encrypted variable to a column in a file. Run the job and look at the file. If all is well, the correct un-encrypted value should display (bit of a security problem, but a usefult feature at times).
Ross Leishman
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: $PROJDEF

Post by shrey3a »

Mistake at my end the version is 7.1 and somehow it do not accept $pojdef for encrypted password, if I type the correct password in encrypted form it works but if I default it to $PROJDEF it fails,

Thanks,
Munish
shrey3a wrote:Gurus,

I'm working in DS 7.5 and for some reasons $PROJDEF do not work for encrypted password but if I make the password as string instead of encrypted it works.

Any suggestion , I read before that this is a bug but is there is any patch available for it.

Rgds,