User defines Update action

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

User defines Update action

Post by DeepakCorning »

I am trying to use the functionality of the user defined SQL update action in the DRS stage for writing. While doing this I see that providing a table name is compulsory and the table name should have a table name even though it becomes readable field after I switch the update action to User defined SQL. If I leave the field blank then job runs to error.
I want to dynamically define the column name and hence dont want to give the table name.
Any help??
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: User defines Update action

Post by kwwilliams »

DeepakCorning wrote: I want to dynamically define the column name and hence dont want to give the table name.
Why does dynamically wanting to define the column give you problems with having to name the table?
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: User defines Update action

Post by DeepakCorning »

Because the column which I want to update is dynamic so I have to use a variable to define it in job's drs stage. When I use that and don't give any table name in the table field it says invalid table name (I assumed that when I check on uder defined update the table name should not matter but that does not work) , so it forces me to give a table name.
When I give the table name but ofcourse the column is not there in the table as it is a stage variable and gets a value dynamically in the USER define query.
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Deepak

Which version of DRS you are using. In 7.5 it works without any error. I completly removed the table name and used user-defined-sql it works. I also used a stage variable as table name in user-defined-sql which too worked without any problem. I don't see any problem with using this stage.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

I am Using version 7.5.