How to make jobs viewable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to make jobs viewable

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

I have jobs that was developed in developer project and Iam exporting this jobs and importing to a new project for testing team using my userid and password .when testing team are connected with there userid and passwords they can see only categories not jobs and when Iam connecting to my userid and password to the testing team project I can see all the jobs. Do I need to import the jobs to each userid (testing team) or is there any other option .

Thanks
Somaraju
somaraju
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Somu,

The user id for the testing team does not have the right privileges.
Check whether that user id has the same privileges as yours, if you want it that way.

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Naveen,

If testing team has the same previliges as I have then they can see the jobs by there own user id and password that is what you mean.Please correct me if Iam wrong

Thanks
Somaraju
somaraju
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Generally, the testing teams do black box testing. If your testing team is doing the same, then there is no need for them to view the jobs. They just need them to be run.

But if its a white box testing then they would need to see the jobs (read-only) and they(The testing USER_ID) would need the appropriate privileges.

Check with your DS admin.

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Naveen,

They are not able to see the jobs in director also to run the jobs . I will ask my administrator to give them the required permission for them to see the jobs. Thanks for your help

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju