Is it possible to call a oracle function in Stored Procedure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Participant

Is it possible to call a oracle function in Stored Procedure

Post by 120267 »

Hi,
I am using DS 7.5,I need info on Stored procedure stage.Is it possible to call a function in Stored procedure stage.Bcoz i am returrning some value and i need to capture that...

Will u Heilp me on this.

Thanks,
Siva.G
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Siva,

what does page 9 of the "Stored Procedure Stage Guide 2.0" say on this subject?
Participant

Re: Is it possible to call a oracle function in Stored Proce

Post by 120267 »

Hi,

I am not having that document ,Will some one help me on this,Otherwise give link where i can find this document.

Thanks,
Siva.G
asorrell

Documentation for Stored Procedure Stage

Post by asorrell »

Siva,

Assuming you have a standard install of DataStage, all of the documentation is online on your client. Look in the "Ascential DataStage" folder on the Start Menu for "Online Documentation". Click on "DataStage Documentation" to bring up the main index of all documents.

Next go to "Plug-in Documentation" since the database access methods are all considered plug-ins. On the second page (scroll down or hit the "Continued" button. You'll see the link for the "DataStage Stored Procedure Guide".

If you don't have any of the documentation installed on your PC I'd recommend getting an install CD to load them, or copying them from someone who does have the documentation, because you'll need them (a lot!).
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
palaniappan
Participant

Post by palaniappan »

ArndW,

I have DS 7.5 installed and the document that is available for stored procedure is version 1.1 (00D-TB043). So the document that you have referred 'Stored Procedure Stage Guide 2.0' is it a new version?

Thanks, Pal.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Pal,

I have 7.5.1 installed at work and I went into the directory and checked the version before posting. Perhaps there was a change between the initial 7.5 and the newest release.
asorrell

I'll send it to you

Post by asorrell »

You can either post your email here, or send an email to andy@dsxchange.com and I'll reply with the 2.0 document. Because it is a copyrighted document IBM does frown on us posting it (only they are allowed to post official IBM documents), but they won't have a problem with us sending you a copy via email.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
palaniappan
Participant

Post by palaniappan »

I have sent you a mail Andy. Pls reply to that with the document.

Thanks, Pal.