getting Abort error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

getting Abort error

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi,

When i try to run a sequence job i am getting ABORT message. i tried importing table definitions, i tried running a job within the sequence individually, but still the error persists.

Thanks in advance,
Vindy
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Ok... any chance you'd like to share with us the abort messages? And perhaps a brief explaination of the job design? Then maybe someone would be able to actually help you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Vindy,

a sequence job usually aborts when one of the jobs or other entities that it calls aborts. You said that you called the jobs within the sequnce individually - did they all run with no errors or warnings?

What is the exact error message that your sequence aborts with? This almost always will contain the cause of the problem or the job that failed.
bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi,

Following is the error message i get

Message: SEQ_J_Stage_PS_S_BUS_UNIT_FS_CRM..JobControl (fatal error from SEQ_J_Stage_PS_S_BUS_UNIT_FS_CRM): Job Failed.

Vindy
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All that tells you is the fact that it tried to run a job called SEQ_J_Stage_PS_S_BUS_UNIT_FS_CRM and that job aborted. The next step is to go to the job it tried to run and look at its job log to find out why. What does it say in there?
-craig

bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi Chulett,

I get this error when i run the individual job in designer.

J_Stage_PS_S_BUS_UNIT_FS_CRM..DRS_SRC_PS_BUS_UNIT_TBL_FS: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I have given required parameter settings for the connectivity. i dont know where it goes wrong. :o

Vindy
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, you are connect to an instance, that's for sure. So, you either connected to the wrong instance, you've spelled the table name incorrectly, you are connecting as someone who doesn't own the table and you haven't specified the owner or you've just plain old specified the owner of the table incorrectly or you've done all that correctly and the user you are connecting as doesn't have select permissions on the table. :wink:

Work your way through those and see.
-craig

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What was the log when it got aborted while called from Sequence. When you run in the designer, there may change where you might passed the paramtere values wrongly, where sequence might pass the correct value. And original cause might be different from what you are looking into right now.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'