Performance Tuning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Performance Tuning

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

We have completed the development in Windows server and we are in the process of setting up production server in UNIX. And the project has been migrated into production server and the job is running very slow compare to development server while running a job to do the quality check of the server.

Development server has 2 CPUs while production server has single CPU. Ohter than increasing no of CPUs, Is there any parameter to be changed in UVConfig to improve the performance?

Can you please enlighten me some light in the above.

Regards
Elavenil
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Elavenil,

there are very many factors that affect performance; it is impossible to give a good answer to your question. You need to find out which part is making the performance decrease - it could be CPU, but it could just as well be connections to the database or factors which might seem completely unrelated at first.

The most obvious difference is in CPUs. If you measure your system while the job is running does your CPU utilization go up and hover over 90%?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Start by defining "performance" and how you measure it. Rows/second is not a valid mechanism for comparing between jobs for a number of reasons.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Thanks for your responses. I will try measuring/analysing the performance factors as you guys suggessted.

Regards
Elavenil