DataStage Migration 6 to 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Prashantoncyber
Participant

DataStage Migration 6 to 7.5

Post by Prashantoncyber »

Hi All,

While migrating the job from 6 to 7.5 ,One job js running for quite long time which is extracting the data from the oracle table .Infact its running big extration querry in ORAOCI8.
I ran same querry on sql pls .there also it ran for long.
However the same job took very less time whilce running on DS-6 on the same table and same database.
All ready searched the forum.

Can any body suggest?

Thanks
Prashant
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Prashant,

you stated that
ran same querry on sql pls .there also it ran for long.
. If you only changed from DataStage 6 to 7.5 and didn't make any changes to your database, then the pure SQL query should have run for the same time. Since this query that doesn't use DataStage also ran slower, why do you think the cause might be inside DataStage?
Prashantoncyber
Participant

Hi,

As i stated, when i ran the same job in DS-6 it took normal ie very less time where as its taking its taking very long time on DS-7.5 .

thanks
Prashant
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

But didn't you also state that running the same SQL from the command line now also takes a long time?
Prashantoncyber
Participant

ya, this what i am wondering at.....

Thanks
Prashant
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, stop focusing on the DS upgrade as the culprit and look into what changed in the query or database to cause this to 'run long'. Your stats may be out of date and the query plan changed dramatically. I'd suggest working with your DBA unless you feel comfortable doing the analysis yourself.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers