Error writing named pipe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ml
Participant

Error writing named pipe

Post by ml »

Hi all,
I get this fatal error "Error writing named pipe: There is no process to read data written to a pipe." I couldn't found this error posted; anybody faced something like this?

The job is quite simple, just DB2-->TRF-->BW, and runs everyday (around 100k rows), few days ago the job stuck in +/- 89.000 rows and after 25 minutes, shows this fatal message:

Item #: 74
Event ID: 1349
Timestamp: 2006-02-17 10:38:08
Type: Info
User Name: r2d2
Message: Jobname..ZInPack: Connected with RFC Server using request id REQU_BWID

Item #: 75
Event ID: 1350
Timestamp: 2006-02-17 11:08:47
Type: Fatal
User Name: r2d2
Message: Jobname..T1: Error writing named pipe: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.

PS: To solve it I reseted the job and restarted the RFC connection.
PS2: real names were changed to protect the inoccent.

Thanks in advance.
Matias
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It looks like after 30 minutes the remote connection either timed out or was terminated. A named pipe always needs 2 processes to work, a reader and a writer; and it looks like the remote reader process from BW didn't read this past time. If things are working since then, then it was probably some sort of a one-off error, if it is repeatable then a bit more information is needed on the BW environment to see what the cause might be.