REG :Pointers to Datastage resources

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

REG :Pointers to Datastage resources

Post by Vinodanand »

Hi,

I would Like to know whether there is anything called as Pointers to Datastage resources . I've seen this topic in one of our training sessions, so if ny one has cum across pls lemme knw....
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

There are q-pointers and file pointers. A q-pointer could create a synonym to a DataStage repository table or "resource".
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

May we enquire what training you did? There is no reference to pointers in the standard training classes. Just curious.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

REG : DataStage Pointers....

Post by Vinodanand »

kduke wrote:There are q-pointers and file pointers. A q-pointer could create a synonym to a DataStage repository table or "resource".
Thanx Duke... But can u lemme knw if there are ny docs on tht...

Well Ray it was just an internal training in our organization and i saw this on the syllabi... So i was curious to knw abt it as well.... Can u lemme knw more abt this or is there any docs on this.....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are no DataStage documents. However, since DataStage was originally built on what is now called IBM U2 UniVerse, you can get most of what you need in the UniVerse manuals
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray is correct as usual. These are all Universe commands and understanding how Universe works.
Mamu Kim
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

Hey guys,

I tried goin thru those Universe manuals,but there hell a lot of stuff. Which Manula shld i pick up ... I hope Ray or Duke cld help me on this.....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

UniVerse System Description is probably the best start point. Of course none of these manuals will make any reference at all to DataStage. Next should probably be UniVerse SQL Reference.