Job Sequence failing due to unrecoverable error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ravij »

Hi,

I have a Job Sequence which contains 16 lookups n 3 main jobs which should run one after another. First all lookup jobs should run then only it should go for the next job.
The prob is my all lookup jobs r running fine but the process is not moving for the next job n my Sequence is aborting. The error log is given below .
Warning:

JSeqInEstLKPJobs_V1_Test..JobControl (@Coordinator): Controller problem: Error calling DSWaitForJob(), code=-1
[Invalid JobHandle]

Fatal:

JSeqInEstLKPJobs_V1_Test..JobControl (fatal error from @Coordinator): Sequence job will abort due to previous unrecoverable errors
Any help can be appreciated
thanks in advance
Ravi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Somewhere inyour sequence a DSAttachJob() was called and it did not return a valid handle. Could it be that the job is a multiinstance one and that you have specified an running instance name?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Not sure about the root cause, once i faced the same issue, i reompiled all the underlying jobs and sequence, later the issue vanished.

It may be even due to oven load of the server. First try to just rerun, so that those jobs which got aborted might only restart.

-Kumar
ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ravij »

Hi,

Thanks for your help. The prob is resolved. Actually one lookup job is given in the Sequence twice. Because of that the job sequence is failed.

thanks.
Ravi