Installation Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dpotts
Participant

Installation Error

Post by dpotts »

I'm attempting to install DS 7.5.1 onto AIX 5.3.

As as I can tell, all pre-install requirements have been met including the creation of the dsadm user.

I'm running install.sh from root. The script 'su's to the dsadm user to run the setup executable then checks a result code. If this code is set to 0, which it is in my case, the install.sh ends with the message 'installation cancelled'.

If I manually su to the dsadm user and run the setup executable it terminates (aborts?) almost immediately. If I attempt to manually run setup from root it gets as far as echo the message starting 'Welcome to the Datastage Server installation' and gives me the option to enter (n)ext or (e)xit, at which point I exit. So there appears to be some permissions problem but I can't spot where. At various points over the past few days I've 'chmod'ed to 777 everything I can find but of course I could have missed something or could be barking up the wrong tree here.

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks in advance
David Potts
dpotts
Participant

Post by dpotts »

Got this sorted. The installation script was under the directory /ams_temp/datastage. Under this directory it wouldn't work. However after moving it (and all the other files from the CD image) to /tmp, everything works fine.