Track ups and downs of DataStage Services

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lclapp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Track ups and downs of DataStage Services

Post by lclapp »

So you come in this morning and the DataStage Services are stopped...All you can find is the 'Not ME' ghost present. Is there any log kept showing when the DS Services are started and stopped?
ArndW
Participant

Re: Track ups and downs of DataStage Services

Post by ArndW »

lclapp wrote:...All you can find is the 'Not ME' ghost present...
What is that?

I am fairly certain that there is a log of when the services are started (if you have the deadlock daemon activated then I am absolutely certain of starts being logged). Have you looked at your windows DS directories for log files?
lclapp
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS Services log file.

Post by lclapp »

I am not positive that we had any jobs running last night. I will check the projects as suggested. I am suprised that the log, if there is one, would be in a specific project. What if you have jobs running from several projects. leslie
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

A server log would be in one of the \Program Files\ directories and not in any projects ones. I'm not a DS PC right now, but you should be able to search the program install directory and sort by date-time-modified and ignore any files that aren't flat files with a suitable extension.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You been hacked? "Not ME" is a VERY suspicious name!
The fundamental services do not record their startup/shutdown, but you could always edit the reconfiguration script (ds.rc) so that they do. The background processes that run server jobs always create an entry (name begins with DSD.RUN) in the &PH& directory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.