Can't login to Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can't login to Datastage

Post by SonShe »

I am not able to login to datastage. It just happened a few hours ago. I was able to login and work till that time. I get the following message:

Failed to connect to host: 10.3.156.199, project: UV
(The connection was refused or the RPC daemon is not running (81016))

The disk sapce utilization was 94% when this situation was found.

Please help me what I can do.

Thanks.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

SonShe, have you tried using the search facility for "the RPC daemon is not running"? I did, and found 40 results. This is a common error message when communications are down or the DataStage server is down.
pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pmadhavi »

u need to restart the server and then try logging in to Client.
Thanks,
Madhavi
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

When access to DataStage suddenly disappears, the obvious thing to do is see if everyone else is still able to connect. If so, then you've probably either unplugged your network cable or your capslock is on. Or, your IP address for the server was controlled via DHCP and it is now reassigned. Since you are logging in using IP (from your message) this might be what happened. Consider a DNS method next time.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Whenever you start DataStage you should verify that the DataStage RPC daemon (or service, if on Windows) was started. On UNIX this runs as dsrpcd, so a suitable command to determine whether it is running would be

Code: Select all

ps -ef | grep dsprcd | grep -v grep
On Windows-based servers you can simply examine the DataStage control applet in Control Panel.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.