Version Control freezing when selecting components

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mat01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Version Control freezing when selecting components

Post by Mat01 »

Hi All,

I have a problem with Version Control. Every time I select components the progress bar appears but the client freezes there and needs to be stopped from the task manager.

I select components using right-click in left pane-->select-->User (Or Batch, Release, etc.)

Has anybody experienced similar issues.

Thanks

Mat
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How many components are in your VC project and how long did you wait before deciding it was frozen? Using those right-click options forces it to read through the entire repository from what I can tell, hence the question.

Are you trying to do a mass promotion?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

What version you are using now earlier version of 7 had this problem and I remember that this was fixed in the later version. Contact Ascential support to find out.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
Mat01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mat01 »

Thank you for your answers.

I have about 20 jobs in my VC project and I waited about 5 minutes before killing the process.

I am using version 7.5

Thanks,

Mat