Export Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Export Jobs

Post by shrey3a »

Gurus,

I need to export few jobs from dev to test thro' DS manager import/export utility. Jobs are in different folders in DS.
Is there is any option that I import the sequencer and all the child jobs i.e. all other jobs called by the sequencer will be exported in .dsx folder.

I do not want to bring all the jobs in one folder as sequencer jobs and server jobs are been categorized in different folders in our enviorment.

Thanks,
-Munish
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage export itself unfortunately will not do this. I don't know if any of the other tools such as Compilewitch do this dependency checking, so you might still have a chance to get this automated.

I usually end up exporting the jobs one-by-one to the same .dsx file; but it is tedious and error-prone.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I have posted SQL and BASIC code which will show you the jobs within a sequence. All you need to do combine this with dsxeport.exe.
Mamu Kim
ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ravij »

Hi Munish,

Please note it as Ray mentioned many times its not "Sequencer" its a "Sequence".
Ravi