Is Ascential 7.5 compatible to Citrix environment?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Is Ascential 7.5 compatible to Citrix environment?

Post by pmadhavi »

We have problems in accessing Ascential Datastage7.5 from Citrix machine
I have DS7.5 installed on my Desktop too.
It is working fine. Only when we access DS through Citrix, it is showing 'Run Time Error '35610''.
then i need to end the DS component and then start again.
It s really painful.

Pls suggest whether its the problem with Citrix or Datastage internal problem.
Thanks,
Madhavi
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We use 7.5.1A on a Citrix server with no issues. You might want to explain exactly what "Only when we access DS through Citrix" means - access it how?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The site I am at has numerous concurrent accesses to DataStage 7.1 and 7.5 through Citrix without problems (well, without your type of problems). I think that it is a problem with your Citrix implementation or installation.
pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pmadhavi »

Sometime back OS patch has been installed and immediately after that we were getting an error like "Failed to load control 'ImageList' from MSCOMCTL.OCX.

We are getting the same error now.
Or some times the error which i mentioned in the previous message.
Thanks,
Madhavi
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Searching I can see that you have had this problem before. Did reinstalling the client fix it last time?

Your previous problem appears to be that one or more of Data Stage components was overwritten with your OS upgrade. Has there been a patch or an upgrade recently?

It sounds like you should just reinstall the client and be done with it. Maybe there should be some testing before patches or upgrades are performed if this is signisficant downtime to the development team. Or maybe it just becomes part of the upgrade path to reinstall the software.