Port Number

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

palaniappan
Participant

Port Number

Post by palaniappan »

Hi,

Was just wondering how can I know the port thro which I connect to the DS Server.

Thanks, Pal.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

31538 - as you are using v5 or higher.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There should be an entry in /etc/services for this TCP port number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dhiraj
Participant

Post by dhiraj »

Hi,
Is it possible to change the port on which datastage server is running?
What are the changes that i might have to do?
I am running on windows

Thanks
Dhiraj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but it's much easier on UNIX than on Windows. Why would you want to do so? A lot of thought went into choosing 31538 as a port number that didn't seem to be in use anywhere else for anything at all.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
palaniappan
Participant

Post by palaniappan »

I was also interested in knowing about the port details to see if we can change the port. There is no requirement to do so. But just wanted to know if it is possible.

Thanks, Pal.
dhiraj
Participant

Post by dhiraj »

Hi,
The following is my situation

I have a datastage server 7.0 running on my desktop(windows) to which couple of other users connects to.
Now I also need to connect to a remote data stage server(hp unix) from my desktop through a VPN and secure shell client. Secure shell has been configured to create a local tunnel that would listen for all requests from port 31538 on my desktop and forward it to port 31538 on the server machine(Hp Unix).

now when ever i have the datastage server services running on my desktop and i try starting a F-secure session it gives me an error saying "unable to create local tunnel on port 31538" and am unable to connect to the remote datastage server.
This made me think if I could change the port on which DS server is running on my desktop, i could probably connect to the remote datastage server even when the ds services are running on my desktop. Just wondering if it would work and how to do it??

Regards,
Dhiraj