Value field of selection criteria of CFF

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

Value field of selection criteria of CFF

Post by kaps »

All

I have a question about CFF stage. My input file has redfines clause.
so I am using CFF stage and entering values in ID FIELD and VALUE field of redfined fields in the selection criteria.

For Example I specify COL1 as ID_FIELD and specify the VALUE as 100 for first output link, 200 for second and 300 for third.

Now I want to specify another output link with the VALUE of NOT IN (100,200,300)...I don't know how to do that ?

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

I am looking for answer from someone ? Am I not clear in my question ?
If so please let me know.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If someone has an answer they will post. Don't push.

If you want urgent responses, sign up for premium support from your support provider, and learn the true cost of "urgent".

This is an all volunteer site.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,

Are you using COBOL layout?
If so can you past the specific part of which you are trying to acheive?
Or from where you are trying to attain the redefines?

-Kumar
kaps
Participant

Ray - I am not pushing anyone !

Post by kaps »

Ray

I am not pushing anyone to answer my question nor I did mention urgent anywhere in my post. I have been reading this forum for quite sometime now and I know the do's and dont's. I was just wondering if I was not clear with my post. I know the cost of urgent too...

Thanks
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Kumar

I do not know how to paste images here. Yes. Our source is Mainframe VSAM files. Particular section of the copybook has the redefines in it. so I am trying to route them to different output links. since the source has hexa decimal values I am using CFF stage as my source stage to convert them to ascii values and writing to different seq stages.In the output TAB of CFF stage, there is a TAB foe Selection Criteria. This is where I am trying to mention this value.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your reply
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

HI,

I guess it is possible to paste just the COBOL layout which you are refering to.(The one in text formate before you import into datastage)
On the output Selection tab, you are only allowed to select the available field and not allowed to edit.
If the selection is the only criteria, you can pass all the field to a transformer and later you can check for your condtions.

-Kumar
charles.craig@physiciansm
Participant

Post by charles.craig@physiciansm »

I am running into this same problem.

In the 'CFF Stage' -> 'Output' tab -> 'Selection Criteria' tab in the 'Redefined Fields' frame it is easy to choose an 'ID Field:' in the drop down and specify the 'Value:' to search for.

This can be completed for many values provided you have an output link for each value you choose, say 100, 200 and 300.

We are asking if there is a way to specify "all other values" to catch something unexpected, say 000 or 999.
rwierdsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rwierdsm »

I ran into the same issue some time ago. After asking around to a number of colleagues, including an Ascential (IBM) consultant, I still did not have an answer.

As my data did not turn out to have any 'other' values, I got away with not having to impliment this logic.

Sounds like this is a good feature for the 'improvements' list.

Rob Wierdsma
Rob Wierdsma
Toronto, Canada
bartonbishop.com