supress warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

battleboy1
Participant

supress warnings

Post by battleboy1 »

Hi All,

I want to check whether we can suppress warnings or demote them to informational messages in server edition. the message handler manager in tools page in DS manager is not highlighted. when i referred manuals, all i could see was for parallel jobs but nothing for sever jobs. Is there a way that i could use the message handler or is there any other option to do it. the message is "datastage has found more cpu s on your system(8) than your current license allowed(4). please contact ascential client support or your ascential account manager".

thanks,

ajay.
battleboy1
Participant

Post by battleboy1 »

Hi All,

I want to check whether we can suppress warnings or demote them to informational messages in server edition. the message handler manager in tools page in DS manager is not highlighted. when i referred manuals, all i could see was for parallel jobs but nothing for sever jobs. Is there a way that i could use the message handler or is there any other option to do it. the message is "datastage has found more cpu s on your system( 8 ) than your current license allowed(4). please contact ascential client support or your ascential account manager".

thanks,

ajay.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The handler only works for PX jobs. I think it's also not a good idea to publicly announce a licence violation, as IBM/Ascential most certainly have one or two people who (at least occasionally) look at this site. Or are you using AIX?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They may have 4 Hyper-threaded or Dual Core CPUs on the box and going thru that particular bit of licensing fun.

If the former, you can turn that off in the BIOS from what I recall to get around the warning in every job that runs problem you've got now.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers