Error compiling Job Control Subroutine [Job name]

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wvandegaer
Participant

Error compiling Job Control Subroutine [Job name]

Post by wvandegaer »

Hi all,

I have serious trouble executing the compiler in DataStage 7.5.1
If I want to compile any job in any project on my IBM Server, I get following error message:

"Error compiling Job Control Subroutine "Job name"

If I click on the more button, I only get the jobname (formatted as "[Job name]") as additional information.

I thought it could be an corrupted project, so I wanted to create a new project. When I "add" a new project, I get following error message:

"DSR.ADMIN: error executing UPDATE.ACCOUNT"

Even exporting new or importing existing back ups don't work anymore. Killing the DataStage process doesn't help neither does a "restart'" of DataStage.

Only a reboot of the server does the job. I suppose this is a too drastic way to handle this problem. Can anyone help me out?

More information:

I can still log into my projects and view out all my jobs,
I tried following commands of post "Error while logging to DataStage":
cd `cat /.dshome`
. ./dsenv
bin/dssh
LOGTO {YourProjectName}
COUNT VOC
QUIT,
[/list]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you sure that you are entering the Administrator client as a user with DataStage administrator privileges? Do you have both sufficient privileges as well as enough disk space in your DataStage project directories?
wvandegaer
Participant

Post by wvandegaer »

ArndW wrote:Are you sure that you are entering the Administrator client as a user with DataStage administrator privileges? Do you have both sufficient privileges as well as enough disk space in your DataStage project directories?
I do log in with my administrator login. There's also lots of free space within my project folder. I only use 25% of my allocated space.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It sounds like your DataStage installation itself might be corrupted. Have you tried stopping & re-starting DataStage to see if the problems go away?
wvandegaer
Participant

Re: Error compiling Job Control Subroutine [Job name]

Post by wvandegaer »

wvandegaer wrote: Even exporting new or importing existing back ups don't work anymore. Killing the DataStage process doesn't help neither does a "restart'" of DataStage.

Only a reboot of the server does the job. I suppose this is a too drastic way to handle this problem.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I missed that in your original post.
wvandegaer
Participant

Post by wvandegaer »

Reindexing my projects helped me out.

thx anyway
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Messages of that kind usually indicate either an index on a Repostitory table that needs re-indexing, or possibly a corrupted SYS.MESSAGE table. In the latter case, however, you typically get only the error code between the brackets, for example [81012].
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I didn't think that re-indexing would help because the original post stated that this happened to all projects - rather imporobable but it would seem that it is possible.
wvandegaer
Participant

Post by wvandegaer »

ArndW wrote:I didn't think that re-indexing would help because the original post stated that this happened to all projects - rather imporobable but it would seem that it is possible.
I think you're right. Reindexing worked for a while. This morning I've got the same error and a new reindexation won't work. I even don't see my jobs, routines and table definitions anymore.

If I select a project in DataStage Administrator I now get following error message:
"Project oawis is not set up for DataStage use: Cannot open file DSR_JOBS"

Please help me out.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

wvandegaer - Do you got any updated on this?
Iam facing the same issue now. Version is 7.0 / unix.
I yet to restart datastage, but iam not sure I can restart unix server. :cry:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
wvandegaer
Participant

Post by wvandegaer »

kumar_s wrote:wvandegaer - Do you got any updated on this?
Iam facing the same issue now. Version is 7.0 / unix.
I yet to restart datastage, but iam not sure I can restart unix server. :cry:
Sorry,

I had to re-install DataStage on the Unix server.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

That was horrible. :evil:
Fortunately I got access to restart Unix server. As of now its going ok. :) Let me see, as you faced the same issue again on the next day..... Now I dont mind to find the root cause, but I wish it shouldnt continue. :?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'