Update access to the target database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sonia
Participant

Update access to the target database

Post by sonia »

We dont have update access to the database with the username we provide in the mappings to connect to the target database.

Please let me know why we need an update access to the target database in normal scinario?
Thanks,
Sonia
sumitgulati
Participant

Re: Update access to the target database

Post by sumitgulati »

sonia wrote:We dont have update access to the database with the username we provide in the mappings to connect to the target database.

Please let me know why we need an update access to the target database in normal scinario?
If you need to update any row on any table you need an update access on that table. From DataStage perspective if you are using any of the following loading strategies you need update access:
1) Update existing rows or insert new rows
2) Insert new rows or update existing rows
3) Update existing rows only
4) User defined SQl - If you doing updates using user defined sql

Regards,
-Sumit
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As far as the database is concerned, DataStage is just another client application.

The same rules apply for all connected clients. If you would need UPDATE privilege to perform some task as an interactive user, then you will need it to perform the same tasks as a DataStage user.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ceenu
Participant

Re: Update access to the target database

Post by ceenu »

Hi,

If you would need UPDATE privilege to perform insert,update and delete in the database as an interactive user, then you will need it to perform the same tasks as a DataStage user.

Thanks
Cnu[/url][/b]