sequencer restartability issues

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

sequencer restartability issues

Post by DSguru2B »

Hi guys,
I am stuck in a situation right now. i built a sequencer with three jobs in it

J1 --> J2 ---> J3.

they run sequentially upon the successfull completion of its predecessor.

From each of these job activites i have a link going to a sequencer stage specifed to 'Any'. The sequencer is then connected to a terminator activity.
Each of these links going to the squencer are set to trigger 'otherwise'.
My basic purpose is to abort the sequence even any job activity finishes with warnings.

The problem is that the job is restartable. Say J2 got finished with warninings, the trigger fired and led the execution stream to the terminator activity. i go in fix the job and re-run the squence, again it goes down the exact same path as before, i.e, to the terminator. it has to re-run J2 but instead its skipping it.
how do i tackle that.?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,

Once the job is finished a checkpoint will be set. So that if called for next time it continue from that point on. The check point can be cleared only if the sequence is made to reset.

-Kumar
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

yes that is true but that defeats the purpose of it being restartable. isnt there any way to handle it within the sequencer job.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
Here you are acutally trying to reset a finished job and not an Aaborted/Restartable job.
So for such scenario, Job control would be more flexible.

-Kumar
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

With the job control theres a small little problem.
I am copy pastying the job control of this particular sequence into a job, i dont think you can edit job control in the sequence itself. now if the new job with my edited job control fails. i need to compile it again. that again loses restartability.