row/warn limit

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nike_ravi
Participant

row/warn limit

Post by nike_ravi »

Hi,

We need to write a routine to find row/warn limit before running each and every job in sequencer. If this row/ward limit not equal to specified one it shout shoot a mail with this information.

How can we achive it?
Send some sample routines which are helpful to me

Regards
Ravi Nemalipuri
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Row/warn limit of what exactly? :?

There really isn't one before a job starts running, other than the default. Are you saying that first thing, you want to check once to see what the limit is the Sequence job is using, the limit it will be passing to all child jobs?

There's probably a DSGet* routine out there for that, have you checked the online help? Check the Index for items that start with DSGet, there will be a list of them... start with DSGetJobInfo, I would think.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

HI,

Are you expecting the total number of warning to be displayed or the level of -warn set in call for your job?

-Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The row and warning limits are part of the run request. Therefore their default values (which you can determine) are completely irrelevant. Therefore, in turn, you don't want or need to obtain them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.