o/p is seq file how get data into in newline

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sekr
Participant

o/p is seq file how get data into in newline

Post by sekr »

hi all,

o/p
"hellohow are u " : parameter
this parameter need to be print in next line

hello how are
parameter

how to achive this ?
In Adv Thanks
---------s
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Most Windows files use <CR><LF> as the line separator. All you need to do is to add those to characters to your line and it will ensure a line break.
A Derivation such as "'Hello how are you ':CHAR(13):CHAR(10):#ParameterName#" will do this.

(Please note, I corrected the original CHAR() defintions; the first post had them listed incorrectly )
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... octal... gotcha. Thought it was just boo-boo. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I thought I had remembered it correctly but did a quick check in the BASIC PDF document before posting and managed to look at the octal column by mistake and managed to get the post wrong. I wouldn't have caught the error if another person hadn't posted the exact same question in a separate thread and discovered the mistake for me...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This post is very similar to that post - but you can't use Convert() because Windows uses more than one character as its line termination.

Create a stage variable called svCRLF as described in that post to gain some efficiency.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.