Not able to open Job/Routine activity in DS Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

urs_ravindra
Participant

Not able to open Job/Routine activity in DS Designer

Post by urs_ravindra »

Hi Folks,

We are using DS 7.0. I'm not able to open a routine/job activity in a Sequencer job(in designer). This problem, i'm getting after my OS is upgrated to windows XP. And in all XP systems we are not able to open job/Routine activities. Let me know what is the problem and how to over come this.

Thanks in advance,
Ravindra
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Not able to open Job/Routine activity in DS Designer

Post by poorna_76 »

urs_ravindra wrote:Hi Folks,

We are using DS 7.0. I'm not able to open a routine/job activity in a Sequencer job(in designer). This problem, i'm getting after my OS is upgrated to windows XP. And in all XP systems we are not able to open job/Routine activities. Let me know what is the problem and how to over come this.

Thanks in advance,
Ravindra
Work around for this is ,You need to uninstall XP ServicePack2.

OR

You need to download the patch avialable on Ascential-DeveloperNet website.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome aboard.

This is a well known and well documented issue with Service Pack 2 for XP. There is a patch available for your client to resolve this on ADN. A quick search of the forum for 'SP2 patch' should turn up many posts in this subject, including the URL to the eServices website that hosts the patch.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers