storing Date(YYYY-MM-DD) in Hashed File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satish_valavala
Participant

storing Date(YYYY-MM-DD) in Hashed File

Post by satish_valavala »

I am writing date(YYYY-MM-DD from sequential file) to Hashed file, hashed file is storing in its internal integer format. I need to populate this date to Oracle table date field. Is there any way to populate date to target without doing any Iconv/Oconv conversions. I mean can we store the date as it is in hashed file.

Thanks
VS
Regards
VS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make the column VARCHAR in the hashed file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
satish_valavala
Participant

Post by satish_valavala »

I tried VARCHAR , by changing metadata. It still showing in DS internal (integer) format of Date. I also tried changing data element to DATA-TYPE (of Varchar), it didn't workout.
Regards
VS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're reading YYYY-MM-DD as a VarChar from a sequential file and loading it into a hashed file as VarChar, there is NO WAY it can be converted into internal format.

Does your job look like this?

Code: Select all

SeqFile  ------>  HashedFile  ------>  ODBC
I've been seeing a number of developers lately interposing hashed files in data streams in this fashion. There is absolutely no reason to do so, apart from being paid more to come back and improve performance by removing them. :roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.